Showing posts tagged herne hill velodrome
Also, don’t forget that Herne Hill’s monthly open track meetings start this Saturday.
Open season is starting up at Herne Hill Velodrome every 1st Saturday of the Month.
Each month will be run by a local club who will each put their own stamp on the event. Some may add sprint events, some may add madisons, each event will have its own personality.
Entry fee is the cheapest of all the open meetings this year:
Despite this, each event has a guaranteed £500 in prize money, with prizes being given for every race.
These events promise to have a great mix of racing entertainment so please come on down and take part, or if you really cant race, come along and watch!
Track season is starting up all over England this month. Check out Track Cycling UK for other velodrome league previews including Reading, Preston and Scunthorpe.
Herne Hill Velodrome's racing season starts next week with races every Wednesday night through to August.
This year, we’ve made a few changes to encourage more newcommers to try the Track League, and to make the racing even better for more experienced riders:
- Flexible Catagories, choose on the night weather you ride with the faster A catagory, or with the more manageable B catagory. If you’ve had a hard day at work, sit in the the B’s, if you feel fresh and fancy pushing yourself, mix it with the A’s.
- More Varied Races, different races each week. All the old favorites (scratch, points, devils, and some more unusual races (handicap sprint, team pursuit, 3 lap dash and more).
- Practice new events, those less common races will be introduced and practiced the week before on our Sunday, and Monday night Race Training sessions.
- Guest Passes Available, not sure if you’ll enjoy Track League? Try one night’s racing without having to pay the £5 registration fee (to cover race numbers, league tables etc).
- Racing License Not Required, as this is a track league you can still race even if you only have British Cycling Silver membership.
Youths £3 per night
Juniors £5 per night
Seniors £8 per night
Season-long registration £5 (free guest passes available).
Track racing season is starting up all over England this month. Check out Track Cycling UK for more velodrome leagues including Reading, Preston and Scunthorpe.
The Good Friday International Track Open at Herne Hill drew some big legs today - including Craig McLean, seen here captaining the tandem sprint in front of Simon Jackson.
Unfortunately the event was stopped prematurely thanks to that rainy British weather which sucks because they were planning to have a mile-long pennyfarthing race in the afternoon.
Found on Track Cycling UK’s Flickr.