Herne Hill Velodrome's racing season starts next week with races every Wednesday night through to August.
This year, we’ve made a few changes to encourage more newcommers to try the Track League, and to make the racing even better for more experienced riders:
- Flexible Catagories, choose on the night weather you ride with the faster A catagory, or with the more manageable B catagory. If you’ve had a hard day at work, sit in the the B’s, if you feel fresh and fancy pushing yourself, mix it with the A’s.
- More Varied Races, different races each week. All the old favorites (scratch, points, devils, and some more unusual races (handicap sprint, team pursuit, 3 lap dash and more).
- Practice new events, those less common races will be introduced and practiced the week before on our Sunday, and Monday night Race Training sessions.
- Guest Passes Available, not sure if you’ll enjoy Track League? Try one night’s racing without having to pay the £5 registration fee (to cover race numbers, league tables etc).
- Racing License Not Required, as this is a track league you can still race even if you only have British Cycling Silver membership.
Youths £3 per night
Juniors £5 per night
Seniors £8 per night
Season-long registration £5 (free guest passes available).
Track racing season is starting up all over England this month. Check out Track Cycling UK for more velodrome leagues including Reading, Preston and Scunthorpe.