Alright so I’ve been offline for a couple months. Did you even notice? I’ve been a crappy blogger — nay, I haven’t even been a blogger. I know I’ve been promising a return and it’s come to the point where some folks are literally begging me to get back online. So here’s a post of a more personal nature about what life has been like lately.
1. WORKING HARD AND HARDLY WORKINGSitting in front of a computer screen all day makes this blog possible but in December I took some time off to focus on other parts of life and then in January, I was sitting in front of a Neve mixing board all day (no blogging screen). Happy to report that I’m now back in front of my computer screen.
2. GOT A PUPPYHer name is Dot and I’m in love.
3. JOINED THE BOARD OF DIRECTORSI’ve been volunteering at Encino Velodrome for a couple of years. In the hopes of seeing the track become the facility that I think it could be, I submitted myself for membership on the Board Of Directors. I was voted in along with Megan Dean at the last BOD meeting (which was inside the cramped little office/shed on a freezing cold night). I look forward to serving the velodrome the best way I can and if you ride at Encino Velodrome and have any ideas for improvements, feel free to let me know.
4. TURNED THIRTY…but I still can’t grow facial hair — this is six weeks of letting it go.
5. GETTING MARRIEDHer name is Victoria and I’m in love.
6. PLUNGING INTO THE WORLD OF CARBON FIBERAfter years of enjoying classic steel bicycles, I’m taking a step to the future and getting into some technology that’s only been around for almost forty years. Aram at Predator Cycling is making me a custom carbon fiber track bike and I’ll be featuring the construction of that bike over the next few weeks. All Predator frames are handbuilt from the ground up in a little workshop in Santa Monica so we’ll be able to see it all coming together.
So I’ve been doing a little growing up and making some changes in life in the past couple months. But I’ve been neglecting RTBL for far too long. In 2012 I’ll be trying to deliver more original content including exclusive interviews, event reports and product reviews. So happy new year! Glad to be back! And check out @ridetheblackline on Instawhatever.